Senior Living in Alva, Florida
Top zip codes in Alva, FL: 33920
- Alva scores higher than the Florida average of 76.
- Alva scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Lehigh Regional Medical Center).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Alida\'s Loving Family Care, The Anthurium, and Lehigh Acres Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 81 golf courses in or around the city, including Admiral Lehigh Golf & Resort -Resort (North), Westminster Golf Club, and Eastwood Golf Course.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Caloosahatchee Regional Park, W.P. Franklin Campground, and Harns Marsh.
- There are 14 churches in or near the city, including Alva United Methodist Church, Alva Church of God, and Richmond Avenue Baptist Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 41 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.87% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.75%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Florida has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $76,687, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $59,972, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,644, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,970 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,413 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,240 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.02%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alva receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Alva has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Alva has a very sparse population density of 80.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alva have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Alva has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 81.51%.