Senior Living in Alvarado, Texas
Top zip codes in Alvarado, TX: 76009
- Alvarado scores lower than the Texas average of 74.
- Alvarado scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Huguley Health System, Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Cleburne, and Methodist Mansfield Medical Center.
- There are 27 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Alvarado Meadows Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Town Hall Estates Health Care Facility - Keene, and Loree\'s Home Place.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 131 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 55 golf courses in or around the city, including Southern Oaks Golf Club, Southern Oaks Golf Club, and Hidden Creek Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Dodge City RV Park, R V Ranch, and Mockingbird Hill Mobile Home.
- There are 68 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Church of Christ, and Seventh-Day Adventist Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 33 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 40 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.98% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,984, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,000, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,335, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,722 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,475 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.01%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alvarado receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Alvarado has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Alvarado has a sparse population density of 201.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alvarado have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Alvarado has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 76.80%.