Senior Living in Alverda, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Alverda, PA: 15710
- Alverda scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Alverda scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Miners Medical Center).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Kinney\'s Meadow View Estates, Sun Rose Manor, and Hillsdale Rehabilitation and Nursing Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 25 golf courses in or around the city, including Cambrian Hills Country Club, Chetremon Golf Course, and Pleasant Valley Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Duman Lake Park, Yellow Creek Campground, and Yellow Creek State Park.
- There are 12 churches in or near the city, including St Nicholas Church, Prince of Peace Church, and St John United Methodist Chr.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.00% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $43,533, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $38,194, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,853, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.75%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 6% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alverda receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Alverda has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Alverda has a sparse population density of 159.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alverda have a very short daily commute time.
- Alverda has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.92%.