Senior Living in Alverton, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Alverton, PA: 15612
- Alverton scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Alverton scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Excela Health Frick Hospital and Highlands Hospital).
- There are 43 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Scottdale Manor Rehabilitation Center, Harmon House Care Center, and Easy Living Estates of New Stanton.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 85 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 83 golf courses in or around the city, including Wyndon Links, Linden Hall Golf Course, and Norvelt Course at Norvelt Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Madison / Pittsburgh S.E. KOA, Fox Den Acres Campgrounds, and Hazelbaker Recreational Services.
- There are 74 churches in or near the city, including St Paul\'s Lutheran Church, Church of Christ, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 41 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 42 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.31% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.49% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,371, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,167, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,443, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alverton receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Alverton has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Alverton has a sparse population density of 189.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alverton have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Alverton has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 84.23%.