Senior Living in Alvin, Illinois
Top zip codes in Alvin, IL: 61811
- Alvin scores higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Alvin scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Hoopeston Community Memorial Hospital, Va Illiana Healthcare System - Danville, and Provena United Samaritans Medctr-logan.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Liberty Village of Danville - The Hawthorne Inn, Ican, and Danville Care Center.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 49 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 15 golf courses in or around the city, including Benton Country Club, Hubbard Trail Country Club, and Harrison Park Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Heron County Park, Kennekuk County Park, and Middle Fork State Fish and Wildlife Areas.
- There are 26 churches in or near the city, including Bismarck First Church-Christ, Rossville Church of Christ, and Antioch Church of Christ.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 16 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.71% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.72% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,256, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,403, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,818, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $66,613 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,300 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,629 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 18.30%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alvin receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Alvin has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Alvin has a very sparse population density of 24.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alvin have a long daily commute time.
- Alvin has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.33%.