Senior Living in Alvin, Texas
Top zip codes in Alvin, TX: 77511
- Alvin scores lower than the Texas average of 74.
- Alvin scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Devereux Texas Treatment).
- There are 44 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Laurel Court, Thy Loving Kindness, and Evening Star Personal Care Home.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 191 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 53 golf courses in or around the city, including Hillcrest Golf Club, Alvin Golf & Country Club, and Friendswood Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Morgan Park, Challenger Seven Memorial Park, and Randolph Park.
- There are 65 churches in or near the city, including Alvin Missionary Baptist Ch, South Park Baptist Church, and St John Catholic Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 55 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 70 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.03% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,505, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,940, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,304, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,500 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $83,038 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,050 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.62%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alvin receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Alvin has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Alvin has a sparse population density of 294.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alvin have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Alvin has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 78.39%.