Senior Living in Alvo, Nebraska
Top zip codes in Alvo, NE: 68304
- Alvo scores higher than the Nebraska average of 74.
- Alvo scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 19 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Waverly Care Center, Ashland Care Center, and Oxbow Living Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 28 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 45 golf courses in or around the city, including Woodland Hills Golf Course, Grandpa\'s Woods Golf, and North Forty Golf Complex -The Executive 9.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Pine Grove RV Park, Wayne Park, and Nebraska\'s Wildlife Safari Park.
- There are 59 churches in or near the city, including United Methodist Church, Ebenezer United Methodist Chr, and Trinity Lutheran Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 6 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 16 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.93% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.86% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Nebraska has an average state income tax of 4.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $81,321, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,125, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $37,861, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $82,125 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,380 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.68%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alvo receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Alvo has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Alvo has a very sparse population density of 15.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alvo have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Alvo has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.24%.