Senior Living in Alvord, Iowa
Top zip codes in Alvord, IA: 51230
- Alvord scores higher than the Iowa average of 75.
- Alvord scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Sanford Hospital Rock Rapids and Hegg Memorial Health Center).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Fellowship Village, Lyon Specialty Care, and Rock Rapids Health Centre.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 22 golf courses in or around the city, including Rock River Golf & Country Club, Meadow Acres Golf Course, and Rock Valley Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Lake Pahoja Recreation Area, Gerber Berries, and Rivers Bend Campground.
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (Apostolic Christian Church and Apostolic Christian Church).
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 5 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.89% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.03% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,517, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,865, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,851, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,650 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $65,700 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,061 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.22%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alvord receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Alvord has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Alvord has a very sparse population density of 18.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alvord have a short daily commute time.
- Alvord has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.19%.