Senior Living in Alvord, Texas
Top zip codes in Alvord, TX: 76225
- Alvord scores higher than the Texas average of 74.
- Alvord scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Wise Regional Health System and Wise Regional Health System).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Heritage Place of Decatur , Senior Care Health and Rehabilitation - Bridgeport, and The Hills Nursing and Rehabilitation.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 27 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 6 golf courses in or around the city, including Decatur Country Club, Runaway Bay Golf Club, and Bridgeport Country Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Clear Lake LBJ Grasslands, Creekside RVing, and Shady Oaks RV Park.
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (1St United Methodist Church and Northside Church of Christ).
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 4 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.88% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.49% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,672, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,983, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,312, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,722 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,475 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.22%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alvord receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Alvord has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Alvord has a very sparse population density of 31.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alvord have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Alvord has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.92%.