Senior Living in Ama, Louisiana
Top zip codes in Ama, LA: 70031
- Ama scores significantly higher than the Louisiana average of 72.
- Ama scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 13 hospitals within close range of the city, including River Oaks Hospital, St Charles Parish Hospital, and Ochsner Medical Center-kenner Llc.
- There are 54 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including St. Joseph of Harahan, Waldon Health Care Center, and Ashton Manor.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 375 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 25 golf courses in or around the city, including Ormond Country Club, Colonial Golf & Country Club, and TPC of Louisiana.
- There are 21 parks near the city center, including New Orleans West KOA, Lions Playground, and Delta Park.
- There are 168 churches in or near the city, including Covenant Church, Kenner United Methodist Church, and Liberty in Christ Christian.
- There are 18 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 192 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 77 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.20% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.47% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.88%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Louisiana has an average state income tax of 2.68%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,131, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $58,177, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,468, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $56,658 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $60,532 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $9,100 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $36,608 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.19%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ama receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Ama has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Ama has a sparse population density of 374.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ama have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Ama has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.61%.