Senior Living in Amado, Arizona
Top zip codes in Amado, AZ: 85645
- Amado scores higher than the Arizona average of 70.
- Amado scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Canyon Valley Memory Care Residence, The Peaks at Santa Rita, and Access Wisdom Elder Care.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 26 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 15 golf courses in or around the city, including Tubac Golf Resort, Haven Course at Haven Public Golf Club, and Country Club of Green Valley.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Dog Chefs of America, Tubac Presidio State Historic Park, and Avalon Organic Gardens & EcoVillage.
- There are 5 churches in or near the city, including Beth Shalom Temple Center, Green Valley Community Church, and Our Lady of Valley Parish.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 5 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.37% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.15%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Arizona has an average state income tax of 2.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,905, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,100, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,872, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,896 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,475 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.33%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Amado receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Amado has ideal mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Amado has a very sparse population density of 11.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Amado have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Amado has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.11%.