Senior Living in Amarillo, Texas
- Amarillo scores higher than the Texas average of 74.
- Amarillo scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Scci Hospital Of Amarillo, Baptist St Anthonys Health System-baptist Campus, and Northwest Texas Hlthcare Syst.
- There are 34 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ware Memorial Care Center, Park Placetowers, and Park Central Community.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 147 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 10 golf courses in or around the city, including Comanche Trail Municipal Golf Course -Tomahawk, Amarillo Country Club, and Ross Rogers Golf Course -West.
- There are 35 parks near the city center, including Memorial Park, Centennial Plaza, and Margaret Wills School Park.
- There are 89 churches in or near the city, including St Mary\'s Church, Tenth Avenue United Methodist, and St Andrew\'s Episcopal Church.
- There are 22 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 64 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 36 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.06% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.75% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,552, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,301, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,143, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,600 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,000 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.45%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Amarillo receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Amarillo has mild mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Amarillo has a dense population density of 1,878.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Amarillo have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Amarillo has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 82.47%.