Senior Living in Ambler, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Ambler, PA: 19002
- Ambler scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Ambler scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 28 hospitals within close range of the city, including Horsham Clinic, Northwestern Institute, and Lansdale Hospital.
- There are 219 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Spring House Estates, ACTS Retirement-Life Communities - Gwynedd Estates, and Silver Stream Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1056 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 180 golf courses in or around the city, including Squires Golf Club, Blue/Red Course at Limekiln Golf Course, and Horsham Valley Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Graeme Park, Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania, and Curtis Arboretum.
- There are 396 churches in or near the city, including St Joseph Catholic Church, Zion Baptist Church, and St Alphonsus.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 436 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 22 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 343 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.17% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $143,547, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $97,469, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $56,133, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.39%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ambler receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Ambler has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Ambler has a dense population density of 1,560.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ambler have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Ambler has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.74%.