Senior Living in Amboy, Illinois
Top zip codes in Amboy, IL: 61310
- Amboy scores lower than the Illinois average of 74.
- Amboy scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Katherine Shaw Bethea Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Aperion Care Amboy, Franklin Grove Living and Rehab, and The Meadows of Franklin Grove.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 27 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 24 golf courses in or around the city, including Shady Oaks Country Club, Lost Nation Golf Club, and Dixon Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Green River Oaks Resort, Pineview Campgrounds, and Mendota Hills Campground LLC.
- There is 1 church in or near the city (Turning Point Community Church).
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 6 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.83% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.97% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,132, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,035, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,024, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,844 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.44%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Amboy receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Amboy has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Amboy has a very sparse population density of 37.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Amboy have a long daily commute time.
- Amboy has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.57%.