Senior Living in Amboy, Indiana
Top zip codes in Amboy, IN: 46911
- Amboy scores higher than the Indiana average of 74.
- Amboy scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Dukes Memorial Hospital and Wabash County Hospital).
- There are 16 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Catered Living Independent and Assisted Living, Aperion Care Peru, and Century Villa Health Care and Rehabilitation.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 28 golf courses in or around the city, including Rock Hollow Golf Club, Indian Oaks Golf Club, and Peru Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Rainbow Christian Camp and Maconaquah Park).
- There are 29 churches in or near the city, including Amboy United Methodist Church, Converse Church of Christ, and First Church of Christ.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 10 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 14 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,083, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,517, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,226, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.89%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Amboy receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Amboy has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Amboy has a very sparse population density of 36.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Amboy have a long daily commute time.
- Amboy has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.18%.