Senior Living in Ambridge, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Ambridge, PA: 15003
- Ambridge scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Ambridge scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including Heritage Valley Sewickley, Healthsouth Rehab Hospital, and Aliquippa Community Hospital.
- There are 51 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Elderly Unit of Supportive Service, Beaver Elder Care and Rehabilitation Center, and West Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 301 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 106 golf courses in or around the city, including Ambridge Country Club, Diamond Run Golf Club, and Allegheny Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Old Economy Village, Misty Pines Dog Park, and Three Rivers Paintball and Airsoft.
- There are 156 churches in or near the city, including St Peter & Paul Ukrainian Ctlc, Good Samaritan Church, and St John\'s Lutheran Church.
- There are 18 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 115 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 9 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 105 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.49% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $48,285, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $37,759, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,192, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.14%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ambridge receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Ambridge has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Ambridge has a dense population density of 1,816.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ambridge have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Ambridge has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.00%.