Senior Living in Amelia, Ohio
Top zip codes in Amelia, OH: 45102
- Amelia scores lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Amelia scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Mercy Hospital Clermont and Mercy Hospital Anderson).
- There are 51 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sunrise Manor and Convalescent Center Inc, Rest Assured Senior Living - Amelia Home, and Crossings of Amelia.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 141 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (20% of residents).
- There are 74 golf courses in or around the city, including Royal Oak Country Club, Legendary Run, and Elks Run Golf Club.
- There are 18 parks near the city center, including Sycamore Park, East Fork State Park, and Shayler Park.
- There are 99 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church of Amelia, Lindale Baptist Church, and Landmark Baptist Church.
- There are 22 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 63 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 31 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.02% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,621, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,857, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,383, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,320 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $97,455 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.87%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Amelia receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Amelia has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Amelia has an average population density of 1,029.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Amelia have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Amelia has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.10%.