Senior Living in American Fork, Utah
Top zip codes in American Fork, UT: 84003
- American Fork scores significantly higher than the Utah average of 68.
- American Fork scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including American Fork Hospital, Orem Community Hospital, and Timpanogos Regional Hospital.
- There are 63 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Heritage Care Center, Bee Hive Homes of American Fork, and Stonehenge of American Fork.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 234 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (15% of residents).
- There are 45 golf courses in or around the city, including Tri City Golf Course, Cedar Hills Golf Club, and Alpine Country Club.
- There are 28 parks near the city center, including Northampton House - Weddings and Events, Hindley Park, and American Campground.
- There are 98 churches in or near the city, including Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, St Peters Catholic Church, and Church of Jesus Christ of Lds.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 99 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 14 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 36 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.84% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.55% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.33%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Utah has an average state income tax of 4.72%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $89,908, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $76,588, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,980, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,200 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $23,400 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.33%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- American Fork receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- American Fork has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- American Fork has an average population density of 733.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of American Fork have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- American Fork has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.85%.