Senior Living in Americus, Kansas
Top zip codes in Americus, KS: 66835
- Americus scores higher than the Kansas average of 73.
- Americus scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Newman Regional Health).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Holiday Resort, Emporia Presbyterian Manor, and Flint Hills Care Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 34 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 4 golf courses in or around the city, including Emporia Country Club, Emporia Municipal Golf Course, and Council Grove Country Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Emporia RV Park & Campground, Maplewood Cemetery, and Wildlife & Parks Department.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including Americus Southern Baptist Chr, Baptist Church First, and First Church of Nazarene.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 13 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 14 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.72% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.53% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.00%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Kansas has an average state income tax of 3.67%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $49,863, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,893, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,350, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $35,700 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $61,503 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,485 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.55%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Americus receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Americus has mild mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Americus has a very sparse population density of 22.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Americus have a short daily commute time.
- Americus has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 84.18%.