Senior Living in Amery, Wisconsin
Top zip codes in Amery, WI: 54001
- Amery scores lower than the Wisconsin average of 71.
- Amery scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Amery Reg Med Ctr and Amery Regional Medical Center).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Willow Ridge Healthcare, Golden Age Manor, and Clear Lake Manor.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 19 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 29 golf courses in or around the city, including Amery Golf Club, Five Flags Country Club Estates, and Clear Lake Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (D N Campground and FAWN-DOE-ROSA Wildlife Educational Park).
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including Apple River Community Church, Appel Jean-pierre Pastor, and Amery Free Lutheran Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.74% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.56% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.88%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Wisconsin has an average state income tax of 4.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,947, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,816, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,102, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,300 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,721 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,160 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.98%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Amery receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Amery has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Amery has a very sparse population density of 70.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Amery have an average daily commute time.
- Amery has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.64%.