Senior Living in Amesville, Ohio
Top zip codes in Amesville, OH: 45711
- Amesville scores higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Amesville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (O\'bleness Memorial Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Laurels of Athens, The Lindley Inn Assisted Living Community, and Hickory Creek of Athens.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 36 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Forest Hills Golf Course, Elm Golf Course, and Athens Country Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Gifford State Forest, Strouds Run State Park, and Burr Oak State Park.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including Chesterhill Church of Christ, Antioch Church of Christ, and Abundant Life Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 18 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.89% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.22% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $42,231, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $38,269, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $15,602, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.80%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Amesville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Amesville has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Amesville has a very sparse population density of 21.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Amesville have a long daily commute time.
- Amesville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.62%.