Senior Living in Amherst, Wisconsin
Top zip codes in Amherst, WI: 54406
- Amherst scores higher than the Wisconsin average of 71.
- Amherst scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Riverside Med Ctr).
- There are 19 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Wi Veterans Hm Ainsworth 800, Park Vista Retirement Living - Waupaca, and Wi Veterans Hm Macarthur 422.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 22 golf courses in or around the city, including Hidden Waters Golf Course, Royal Oaks Golf Resort, and Foxfire Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Lake Emily County Park, Skunk and Foster Lakes State Natural Area, and Standing Rock Park.
- There are 10 churches in or near the city, including Amherst Bible Church, Amherst Bible Church, and St Paul\'s Lutheran Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 18 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.92% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.77% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.88%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Wisconsin has an average state income tax of 4.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,462, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $62,306, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,675, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,300 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,721 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,160 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.42%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Amherst receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Amherst has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Amherst has a very sparse population density of 51.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Amherst have a short daily commute time.
- Amherst has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.14%.