Senior Living in Amityville, New York
Top zip codes in Amityville, NY: 11701
- Amityville scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Amityville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 12 hospitals within close range of the city, including South Oaks Hospital, Brunswick General Hospital, and St Joseph Hospital.
- There are 99 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Broadlawn Manor Nursing and Rehab Center, The Bristal at Massapequa, and Parkview Care and Rehab Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 806 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 133 golf courses in or around the city, including Peninsula Golf Club, Bethpage State Park -The Yellow, and Lakes/Pines Course at Colonial Springs Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Bethpage State Park, Robert Moses State Park, and Norman J. Levy Park & Preserve.
- There are 250 churches in or near the city, including Hollywood Baptist Church, St Mary\'s Church, and Holy Trinity Baptist Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 438 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 22 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 287 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 7.57% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $85,470, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $67,276, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,725, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.18%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Amityville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Amityville has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Amityville has a dense population density of 5,672.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Amityville have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Amityville has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.77%.