Senior Living in Amsterdam, New York
Top zip codes in Amsterdam, NY: 12010
- Amsterdam scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- Amsterdam scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Mary\'s Hospital At Amsterdam, Amsterdam Memorial Hospital, and Conifer Park.
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Wilkinson Residential Health Care Facility, River Ridge Living Center, and Capstone Center For Rehabilitation and Nursing.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 55 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 45 golf courses in or around the city, including Amsterdam Municipal Golf Course, Antlers Country Club, and Galway Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Plotter Kill Nature Preserve, Pop\'s Lake Campground, and George Landis Arboretum.
- There are 33 churches in or near the city, including Calvary Reformed Church, Trinity Lutheran Church, and St Luke\'s Lutheran Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 37 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 23 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.01% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.86% of property value, which is higher than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,352, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,154, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,484, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.75%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Amsterdam receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Amsterdam has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Amsterdam has a sparse population density of 221.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Amsterdam have a short daily commute time.
- Amsterdam has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.69%.