Senior Living in Amston, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Amston, CT: 06231
- Amston scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Amston scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Windham Comm Mem Hosp & Hatch Hosp and Saint Francis Care Behavioral).
- There are 34 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Harrington Court, Apple Rehab Colchester, and Colchester Commons.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 101 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 86 golf courses in or around the city, including Tallwood Country Club, Chanticlair Golf Club, and Anderson\'s Glen Course at Blackledge Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Salmon River State Forest, Gay City State Park, and Devil\'s Hopyard State Park.
- There are 68 churches in or near the city, including St John Fisher Church, Marlborough Congregational Chr, and Church of the Holy Family.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 46 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 50 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.78% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.63% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $137,130, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $114,500, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $45,298, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.64%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Amston receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Amston has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Amston has a sparse population density of 256.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Amston have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Amston has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 98.73%.