Senior Living in Anaheim, California
- Anaheim scores lower than the California average of 71.
- Anaheim scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 33 hospitals within close range of the city, including Western Medical Center Hosp Anaheim, Ahmc Anaheim Regional Medical Center, and Univ Of California Irvine Med Center.
- There are 604 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Parkview Healthcare Center, 3k Home Care, and Golden Life Manor.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1687 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (18% of residents).
- There are 145 golf courses in or around the city, including Coyote Hills Golf Course, \\Dad\\\" Miller Golf Course\", and Alta Vista Country Club.
- There are 16 parks near the city center, including Anaheim Harbor RV Park, Anaheim RV Park, and Fullerton Arboretum.
- There are 424 churches in or near the city, including First Southern Baptist Church, Seventh-Day Adventist Church, and Chinese Baptist Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 905 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 57 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 471 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.56% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.56% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $72,598, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $59,640, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,801, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,370 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $159,870 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.99%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Anaheim receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Anaheim has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Anaheim has a dense population density of 7,829.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Anaheim have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Anaheim has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 72.53%.