Senior Living in Anahola, Hawaii
Top zip codes in Anahola, HI: 96703
- Anahola scores higher than the Hawaii average of 73.
- Anahola scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Samuel Mahelona Memorial Hosp and Wilcox Memorial Hospital).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mahelona Medical Center, Garden Isle Healthcare, and Regency at Puakea.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 28 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 7 golf courses in or around the city, including Kiele Course at Kauai Lagoons Resort, Grove Farm Golf Course, and Puakea Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Smith Family Garden Luau, Na \'Aina Kai, and Wailua River State Park.
- There are 59 churches in or near the city, including Island Worship Center, Mighty Ministries, and Anahola Baptist Church.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 21 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.19% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 4.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Hawaii has an average state income tax of 6.21%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,689, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,074, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,549, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $171,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,850 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,340 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.58%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 4% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Anahola receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Anahola has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Anahola has a sparse population density of 126.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Anahola have an average daily commute time.
- Anahola has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.65%.