Senior Living in Anamosa, Iowa
Top zip codes in Anamosa, IA: 52205
- Anamosa scores lower than the Iowa average of 75.
- Anamosa scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Jones Regional Medical Center and Jones Regional Medical Center).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Anamosa Care Center, Pinicon Place, and Monticello Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 22 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 25 golf courses in or around the city, including Fawn Creek Country Club, Wapsipinicon Country Club, and Monticello Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Wapsipinicon State Park, Matsell Bridge Public Access, and Matsell Bridge.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Apostolic Assembly of Anamosa, Anamosa Congregation-jehovah\'s, and United Methodist Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 5 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.30% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.17% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,292, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,454, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,295, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,253 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $65,335 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,983 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,205 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.34%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Anamosa receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Anamosa has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Anamosa has a very sparse population density of 72.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Anamosa have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Anamosa has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.28%.