Senior Living in Anawalt, West Virginia
Top zip codes in Anawalt, WV: 24808
- Anawalt scores higher than the West Virginia average of 74.
- Anawalt scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Welch Community Hospital, Bluefield Regional Medical Center, and St Luke\'s Hospital.
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including McDowell Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Welch Community Hospital, and Loving Hands Adult Care Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 78 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 11 golf courses in or around the city, including Fincastle Country Club, Richwood Golf Club, and Bluefield Elks Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Anawalt Lake Wildlife Management Area, Pocahontas ATV Resort, and Ashland Resort.
- There are 19 churches in or near the city, including First Church of Nazarene, Memorial Church of Christ, and First Church of God-anderson.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 18 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.97% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- West Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.11%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $45,288, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $35,331, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $13,950, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,550 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,595 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $34,320 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 21.36%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 4% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Anawalt receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Anawalt has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Anawalt has a very sparse population density of 41.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Anawalt have an average daily commute time.
- Anawalt has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 61.23%.