Senior Living in Anchor, Illinois
Top zip codes in Anchor, IL: 61720
- Anchor scores lower than the Illinois average of 74.
- Anchor scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Gibson Community Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Aperion Care Colfax, Gibson Area Hospital Annnex - LTC, and Heritage Health-Gibson City.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 6 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 22 golf courses in or around the city, including Indian Springs Golf Club, Railside Golf Club, and Indian Creek Golf & Country Club.
- There are no parks near the city center.
- There are 14 churches in or near the city, including St John Lutheran Church, Strawn United Methodist Church, and St John\'s Lutheran Church-Sibley.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 3 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.17% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.03% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $50,091, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,875, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,891, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $50,220 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $73,000 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.00%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Anchor receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Anchor has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Anchor has a very sparse population density of 8.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Anchor have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Anchor has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.91%.