Senior Living in Ancram, New York
Top zip codes in Ancram, NY: 12502
- Ancram scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Ancram scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Columbia Memorial Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Livingston Hills Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Friends Adult Home, and Pine Haven Nursing & Rehabilitation Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 36 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (39% of residents).
- There are 46 golf courses in or around the city, including Copake Country Club, Undermountain Golf Course, and Thomas Carvel Country Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Lake Taghkanic State Park, Brook n Wood Family Campground, and Taconic State Park.
- There are 5 churches in or near the city, including Copake United Methodist Church, United Methodist Church, and St John\'s Reformed Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 18 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 22 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.36% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $86,647, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $67,609, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $34,546, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.10%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ancram receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Ancram has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Ancram has a very sparse population density of 35.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ancram have a very long daily commute time.
- Ancram has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.39%.