Senior Living in Andalusia, Illinois
Top zip codes in Andalusia, IL: 61232
- Andalusia scores higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Andalusia scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Trinity Rock Island, Genesis Medical Center-davenport, and Trinity Medical Center.
- There are 42 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ridgecrest Village, Good Samaritan Society - Davenport, and Avonlea Cottage.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 95 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 35 golf courses in or around the city, including Credit Island Golf Course, Emeis Municipal Golf Course, and Pinnacle Country Club.
- There are 22 parks near the city center, including Camp Loud Thunder, West Lake Park, and Scott County Conservation Department.
- There are 96 churches in or near the city, including Calvary Lutheran Church, Edgington Presbyterian Church, and Zion Lutheran Church.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 60 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 38 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.96% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.01% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $72,842, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $64,571, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,349, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,844 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.19%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Andalusia receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Andalusia has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Andalusia has a sparse population density of 453.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Andalusia have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Andalusia has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.01%.