Senior Living in Anderson, California
Top zip codes in Anderson, CA: 96007
- Anderson scores lower than the California average of 71.
- Anderson scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 44 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Oak River Short-Term Rehab and Skilled Nursing, Ace Elder Care, and North Valley Senior Residence.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 44 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 11 golf courses in or around the city, including Anderson Tucker Oaks Golf Course, Churn Creek Golf Course, and Riverview Golf & Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Anderson River Park, JGW RV Park, and Wyntour Gardens.
- There are 22 churches in or near the city, including Seventh Day Adventist Church, Sacred Heart Catholic Church, and Lutheran Church Faith-Anderson.
- There are 20 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 48 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 18 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.87% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.60% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $48,281, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $38,623, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,819, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,000 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.59%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Anderson receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Anderson has ideal mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and very warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Anderson has a sparse population density of 176.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Anderson have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Anderson has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.47%.