Senior Living in Anderson, Indiana
- Anderson scores lower than the Indiana average of 74.
- Anderson scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Saint John\'s Health System and Community Hospital Of Anderson And Madison County).
- There are 24 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Countryside Manor Health and Living Community, Vermillion Place, and Lindberg Crossing Senior Living.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 111 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 61 golf courses in or around the city, including Meadowbrook Golf Course, Killbuck Golf Course, and Edgewood Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Killbuck Wetlands, Mounds State Park, and Falls Park, North Entrance.
- There are 71 churches in or near the city, including Seventh-Day Adventist Church, Mounds Baptist Church, and Friendship Baptist Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 28 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 21 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.95% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $50,319, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $41,577, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,265, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.72%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Anderson receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Anderson has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Anderson has an average population density of 1,003.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Anderson have an average daily commute time.
- Anderson has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.46%.