Senior Living in Andes, New York
Top zip codes in Andes, NY: 13731
- Andes scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Andes scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Margaretville Memorial Hospital and Margaretville Mem Hospital).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mountainside Residential Care, Roscoe Community Nursing Home, and Roscoe Regional Rehab and Residential Healthcare Care Facility.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (48% of residents).
- There are 22 golf courses in or around the city, including Hannah Country Club, Twin Village Golf Club, and Huff House, The.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Little Pond Campground, Beaverkill Valley Inn, and Balsam Lake Mountain Wild Forest.
- There are no churches in or near the city.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 6 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.02% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,761, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $39,308, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $35,214, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.81%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Andes receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Andes has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Andes has a very sparse population density of 13.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Andes have an average daily commute time.
- Andes has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.52%.