Senior Living in Andover, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Andover, CT: 06232
- Andover scores significantly higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Andover scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Manchester Memorial Hospital, Rockville General Hospital, and Windham Comm Mem Hosp & Hatch Hosp.
- There are 37 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Green Lodge of Manc, Mansfield Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation, and Brookdale Buckingham.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 162 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 94 golf courses in or around the city, including Anderson\'s Glen Course at Blackledge Country Club, Skungamaug River Golf Course, and Twin Hills Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Gay City State Park, Salmon River State Forest, and Wickham Park.
- There are 100 churches in or near the city, including St of Connecticut-doit-secty of St, First Congregational Church, and Christ Lutheran Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 102 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 9 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 62 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.78% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.63% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $105,123, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $91,406, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $40,118, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.63%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Andover receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Andover has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Andover has a sparse population density of 213.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Andover have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Andover has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.27%.