Senior Living in Andover, Iowa
Top zip codes in Andover, IA: 52701
- Andover scores significantly higher than the Iowa average of 75.
- Andover scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Mercy Medical Center-clinton).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Eagle Point Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Prairie Hills of Clinton, and The Alverno .
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 43 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 26 golf courses in or around the city, including Eighteen Hole Course at Valley Oaks Golf Club, Clinton Country Club, and Canyon Creek Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Beckridge Hunting Preserve, South Sabula Lakes Park, and Goose Lake Wildlife Management Area.
- There are 5 churches in or near the city, including Clinton Church of Christ, Unity Center of Clinton, and Church of Jesus Christ of Lds.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.46% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.31% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,961, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,417, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,019, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,142 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $64,970 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,300 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,769 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.59%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Andover receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Andover has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Andover has a sparse population density of 170.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Andover have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Andover has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.57%.