Senior Living in Andover, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Andover, MN: 55304
- Andover scores higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Andover scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mercy Hospital, Anoka-metro Reg Treatment Ctr, and Fairview Lakes Health Services.
- There are 83 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Arbor Oaks of Andover, Presbyterian Homes and Service, and Dona Caring Heart, Inc..
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 227 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (19% of residents).
- There are 123 golf courses in or around the city, including Woodland Creek Golf Course, Majestic Oaks Golf Club (Gold Course at Majestic Oaks Golf Club), and Bunker Hills Golf Course (East/West Course at Bunker Hills Golf Course).
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Robert and Marilyn Burman WMA, Rum River Central Regional Park, and Coon Rapids Public Works Department.
- There are 106 churches in or near the city, including Seventh Day Adventist, Oak Haven Church, and Church of St Paul.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 67 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 61 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.94% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.01% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $102,765, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $90,491, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $33,929, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,810 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,451 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,628 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.77%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Andover receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Andover has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Andover has an average population density of 665.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Andover have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Andover has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.04%.