Senior Living in Andreas, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Andreas, PA: 18211
- Andreas scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Andreas scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Gnaden Huetten Memorial Hospital and St Luke\'s Miners Memorial Hospital).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mahoning Valley Nursing and Re, St. Luke\'s MIners Campus, and Edgemont Lodge.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 55 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 55 golf courses in or around the city, including Mahoning Valley Country Club, Par 3 Course at Olde Homestead Golf Club, and Mahoning Valley Golf.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Jim Thorpe Camping Resort, Allentown KOA, and Robin Hill RV Resort & Campground.
- There are 37 churches in or near the city, including Bensalem United Church, St John\'s Lutheran Church, and St Paul\'s Evangelical Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 23 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 34 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,895, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $66,750, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,959, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.50%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Andreas receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Andreas has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Andreas has a very sparse population density of 61.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Andreas have a long daily commute time.
- Andreas has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.53%.