Senior Living in Angelica, New York
Top zip codes in Angelica, NY: 14709
- Angelica scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Angelica scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There is 1 senior living facility in close proximity to the city (Absolut Care Houghton).
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 20 golf courses in or around the city, including East Course at Six-S Golf Course, Rolling Acres Golf Course, and Woodlynn Hills Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Evergreen Trails Campgrounds, Jones Pond Campground & RV Park, and Six-S Golf Course.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, First Baptist Church of Hume, and Holy Family Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 7 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.96% of property value, which is higher than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $46,700, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $42,604, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,262, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.83%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Angelica receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Angelica has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Angelica has a very sparse population density of 30.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Angelica have a short daily commute time.
- Angelica has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.63%.