Senior Living in Angleton, Texas
Top zip codes in Angleton, TX: 77515
- Angleton scores lower than the Texas average of 74.
- Angleton scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Angleton-danbury Medical Center and Brazosport Regional Health System).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including White\'s Cottage Center, Country Village Care, and Cypress Woods Care Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 68 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 23 golf courses in or around the city, including The Wilderness Golf Course, Riverside Country Club, and Columbia Lakes Resort & Conference Center.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Brazoria County Parks Department, Bates Park, and B.G. Peck Soccer Complex.
- There are 39 churches in or near the city, including Northway Baptist Church, First United Methodist Church, and Church of Christ.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 28 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.03% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,254, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,444, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,362, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,500 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $83,038 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,050 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.91%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Angleton receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Angleton has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Angleton has a sparse population density of 148.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Angleton have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Angleton has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 78.97%.