Senior Living in Angola, New York
Top zip codes in Angola, NY: 14006
- Angola scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Angola scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Lake Shore Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Comstock House, Sturgeon Point Road Soira, and Absolut Care of Eden.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 42 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 38 golf courses in or around the city, including Grandview Golf Course, Eden Valley Golf Course, and Rosebrook Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Evangola State Park, Silver Creek Optical, and Hamburg Recreation Department.
- There are 29 churches in or near the city, including St John Lutheran Church, First Congregational United, and Our Lady of Mount Carmel Chr.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 24 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 20 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.98% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.65% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,730, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,873, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,307, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.26%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Angola receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Angola has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Angola has a sparse population density of 381.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Angola have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Angola has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.14%.