Senior Living in Angwin, California
Top zip codes in Angwin, CA: 94508
- Angwin scores higher than the California average of 71.
- Angwin scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Helena Hospital, St Helena Hospital, and Veterans Home Of California.
- There are 34 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Linda Falls Guest Home , Napa Valley Residential Care Management, LLC, and Rose Haven.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 27 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 38 golf courses in or around the city, including Meadowood Resort Hotel, Aetna Springs Golf Course, and West Course at Oakmont Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including HALL Wines St. Helena, Bale Grist Mill State Historic Park, and Sugarloaf Ridge State Park.
- There are 12 churches in or near the city, including Elmshaven Seventh-Day, Seventh-Day Adventist Church, and Spanish Seventh-Day Adventist.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 23 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.86% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.58% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $95,530, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $66,912, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,738, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,800 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $125,925 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,760 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $61,158 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.74%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Angwin receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Angwin has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Angwin has a sparse population density of 209.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Angwin have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Angwin has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.07%.