Senior Living in Ankeny, Iowa
- Ankeny scores higher than the Iowa average of 75.
- Ankeny scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Va Central Iowa Healthcare System, Iowa Lutheran Hospital, and Mercy Medical Center-des Moines.
- There are 73 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Vintage Hills at Prairie Trail, Sunny View Care Center, and On With Life - Ankeny.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 295 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (19% of residents).
- There are 43 golf courses in or around the city, including Ankeny Golf & Country Club, Briarwood Golf Course, and Otter Creek Golf Course.
- There are 39 parks near the city center, including Sunset Park, Sunrise Park, and Hawkeye Park.
- There are 340 churches in or near the city, including Ankeny Baptist Church, Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, and Ankeny Christian Church.
- There are 46 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 140 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 10 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 62 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.41% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.60% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $83,467, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $72,865, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,579, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,350 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,380 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $57,200 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.24%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ankeny receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Ankeny has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Ankeny has an average population density of 1,051.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ankeny have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Ankeny has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.20%.