Senior Living in Anna Maria, Florida
Top zip codes in Anna Maria, FL: 34216
- Anna Maria scores lower than the Florida average of 76.
- Anna Maria scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Blake Medical Center).
- There are 47 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Bradenton Palms Assisted Living Facility, Brookdale Palma Sola, and Freedom Village at Bradenton.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 128 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (63% of residents).
- There are 81 golf courses in or around the city, including Key Royale Club, Pinebrook Ironwood Golf Course, and Village Green Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Palma Sola Botanical Park, Holiday Cove RV Resort, and De Soto National Memorial.
- There are 54 churches in or near the city, including Island Baptist Church, Church of the Annunciation, and Roser Memorial Community Chr.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 53 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 21 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.63% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.92% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.75%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Florida has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $85,378, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,563, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $39,672, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,200 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,660 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,475 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,718 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.78%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 4% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Anna Maria receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Anna Maria has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Anna Maria has a dense population density of 1,962.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Anna Maria have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Anna Maria has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.60%.