Senior Living in Annawan, Illinois
Top zip codes in Annawan, IL: 61234
- Annawan scores higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Annawan scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Kewanee Hospital and Kewanee Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Courtyard Estates of Kewanee, Good Samaritan Society - Geneseo Village, and Kewanee Care Home.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 14 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 26 golf courses in or around the city, including Hidden Lake Golf Club & Resort, Baker Park Golf Course, and Midland Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Johnson Sauk Trail State Park, Francis Park, and Hickory Grove Campground.
- There are 13 churches in or near the city, including Annawan United Methodist Chr, Verhoye G, and Zion United Methodist Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 4 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.68% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.90% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,768, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,404, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,137, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,844 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.54%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Annawan receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Annawan has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Annawan has a very sparse population density of 21.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Annawan have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Annawan has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.14%.