Senior Living in Annville, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Annville, PA: 17003
- Annville scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Annville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Lebanon Va Medical Center, and Good Samaritan Hospital.
- There are 36 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Countryside Christian Community, Hill Farm Estates, and The Lebanon Valley Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 92 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 68 golf courses in or around the city, including Pine Meadows Golf Complex, Freeport Mills Golf Course, and Hotel Hershey Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Union Canal Tunnel Park, Hershey Gardens, and Jonestown KOA.
- There are 103 churches in or near the city, including St Mark Lutheran Church, Annville Church-the Brethren, and St Paul the Apostle Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 62 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 38 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.20% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,695, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,750, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,559, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $52,140 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,683 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,381 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.41%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Annville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Annville has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Annville has a sparse population density of 246.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Annville have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Annville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.37%.