Senior Living in Anoka, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Anoka, MN: 55303
- Anoka scores lower than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Anoka scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Anoka-metro Reg Treatment Ctr, Mercy Hospital, and Maple Grove Hospital.
- There are 58 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Homestead at Anoka, Ark On The River LLC, and Elk River Guardian Oaks.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 194 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 96 golf courses in or around the city, including Links at Northfork, Greenhaven Golf Course, and Rum River Hills Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Rum River Central Regional Park, Robert and Marilyn Burman WMA, and Woodland Trails Park.
- There are 89 churches in or near the city, including St Stephen\'s Catholic Church, First Baptist Church of Anoka, and Trinity Episcopal Church.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 56 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 58 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.94% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.01% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $76,170, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $66,716, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,298, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,810 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,451 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,628 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.15%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Anoka receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Anoka has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Anoka has an average population density of 734.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Anoka have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Anoka has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.70%.