Senior Living in Ansonia, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Ansonia, CT: 06401
- Ansonia scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Ansonia scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 10 hospitals within close range of the city, including Griffin Hospital, Va Connecticut Healthcare Syst, and Hospital Of St Raphael.
- There are 102 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Birmingham Health Center, Marshall Lane Manor, and Hewitt Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 486 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 110 golf courses in or around the city, including Woodbridge Country Club, Oak Lane Country Club, and Highland Golf Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Indian Well State Park, West Rock Ridge State Park, and Edgewood Park.
- There are 262 churches in or near the city, including St Anthony\'s Church, St Joseph\'s Parish, and Christ Church Ansonia.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 290 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 12 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 165 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,329, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,250, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,645, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,680 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $155,125 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,020 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,450 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.88%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ansonia receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Ansonia has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Ansonia has a dense population density of 3,203.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ansonia have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Ansonia has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.28%.