Senior Living in Anthony, New Mexico
Top zip codes in Anthony, NM: 88021
- Anthony scores higher than the New Mexico average of 66.
- Anthony scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Alliance Hosp Of Santa Teresa).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Villa De Los Abuelos, M and L Loving Hands Foster Home, and Trisun Care Center - Northeast El Paso.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (19% of residents).
- There are 15 golf courses in or around the city, including Anthony Country Club, Dos Lagos Golf Course, and Santa Teresa Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Henry Miramontez Memorial Park, Ernie Rascon Memorial Park, and American RV.
- There are 10 churches in or near the city, including St Anthony\'s Church, Anthony Apostolic Church, and Anthony United Methodist Chr.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 25 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.65% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.57% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.50%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Mexico has an average state income tax of 3.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $41,036, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $27,808, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $12,946, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $99,050 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,620 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $38,484 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.25%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Anthony receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Anthony has ideal mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Anthony has a very sparse population density of 23.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Anthony have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Anthony has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 56.14%.